If you have been considering the addition of a custom patio to your property, more than likely one of the biggest questions on your mind is just exactly how much it will cost to do so. Depending on the type of material chosen, the size of the patio, and any other elements you may want to add on, the cost will vary.
Learn about the average cost of patio materials and what ballpark price you can expect to pay when you install a custom patio at your property in Buckhead, Vinings, Smyrna, and other surrounding Atlanta-area cities.
Common Materials Used for Patios & Their Cost
For custom patios, we can use a variety of materials to build them. Some cost more, while others may be a more economical choice if you are adding a patio with a budget in mind. Remember, these are rough costs and do not include the estimate of any labor involved in the prep work or demolition of existing patios. The common materials we often use include:
Labor costs will vary, but typically range from $5 to $10 per sqft, plus the cost of site preparation. The costs outlined below are for materials only.
- Concrete Pavers: On average, concrete pavers by themselves cost about $3-$6 per square foot. If you are having them installed by professional patio contractors, then it will generally run about $8-$16 per square foot. The cost of installation will vary based on the type of pavers you choose. Pavers offer a wide variety of options and come in different sizes, shapes, and colors.
- Slate: If you opt for a slate patio, the price per square foot can be anywhere between $10 and $16, depending on the exact paver you choose. For a 100 square foot patio, if you choose the best quality slate, you will be looking at a cost of about $1,600-$1,700 for the materials.
- Bluestone: Choosing bluestone will provide you with a beautiful end result. Bluestone offers a classy feel and pretty color. Generally, this will run about $17-$25 per square foot depending on the type that you decide to use for your patio. Thus, a patio that is 10' x 10' will end up costing anywhere from $1,700-$2,500 for the stones.
- Limestone: Limestone has a very natural feel and about the same density of marble, which makes it seem like a luxurious choice. There are many different types of limestone available and we can help you choose the type best suited for your property. The price per square foot for limestone starts around $16 and can go all the way up to $40. It's very durable, though, and will last for a long time.
- Travertine: A travertine paver can be a gorgeous, yet more economical choice. It will typically cost between $10-$12 per square foot for the materials themselves.
Optional Features to Add to Your Patio Area
While you are deciding on the materials to use for your patio, make sure to also consider if you'll be adding any optional features such as a fire pit, seating wall, steps, or planting beds. Those additions will increase the cost, but you also want to make sure you choose a material that will coordinate well with the materials needed to construct those features.
Another popular item you can add to the patio area is a water feature such as a waterfall, pondless waterfall, bubbler, and more.
There's no time like the present to schedule a consultation. Call us today if you want to install a patio at your property!
Throughout the Atlanta area, including places such as Vinings, Smyrna, Buckhead, and more, our professional patio contractors install awe-inspiring custom patios for homes, businesses, and HOAs. Call our company today at (404) 314-1474 to schedule a consultation, because there's no time like the present to make it happen!